Saturday, October 10, 2009

Patron Lifelines



I saw this sign in the Bloomfield Township Public Library the other day. I think it’s great that local libraries are staying current with the needs of their patrons and providing services that reflect their needs. This sign shows that the library is promoting important programs and resources that are available for patrons that they might not have known about. This is a great PR move to help keep the library current in times when many think it is an outdated resource. My only question is who is going to create a life line for the sinking libraries?

1 comment:

  1. My library has that same program offered. I'm not sure what all it entails, but we have a selection of books and a number of classes dedicated to this program on things like home foreclosure and resumes. It seem pretty popular with the patrons and it is good for the library to be actively involved in helping the community. - M. Rainwater

    ReplyDelete